Without further ado, here is my 100 For This Life list which I generated in the spring and summer of 2012, with the help of my lovely assistant, Tabby. Those starred are items she has determined she can help me complete. You will note that some are serious, some are silly, and some are unlikely to happen, but a girl can dream:
1. Write a novel.
*2. Drive across the country - PA to CA.
3. Weigh 130 lbs because I am healthy and fit (not because of sickness)
*4. Visit the tip of Maine
5. Write a screenplay.
6. Visit the MoMA in NYC.
*8. Do a self-portrait everyday for a year.
9. Teach a college class.
*10. Start a zine.
11. Go on an all-natural diet.
*12. See how far I can walk.
*13. See how long I can stay awake.
14. Photograph a waterfall every year.
*15. Have muscles.
16. Have boobs.
*17. Live at the beach.
18. Work in a pub.
*19. Go to the Olympics (as a spectator).
*20. Grow a garden.
21. Win Something-of-the-Year title (teacher, perhaps?).
*22. Visit the White House.
*23. Paint my entire house.
24. Have a bar in my house.
25. Have an entire class pass the AP English test.
26. Go to some type of cultural event each week (concert, movie, reading, lecture, etc) OR attend 52 events over the course of a year.
27. Visit the St. Louis Arch.
*28. Get a passport.
29. Stop wasting time.
30. See Tabby graduate from high school.
*31. Buy an island.
32. Bake a perfect loaf of bread.
33. Make my own beer or wine.
34. Create a mural.
35. Be a millionaire.
*36. Be a hippie.
37. Go to a national gymnastics meet.
38. Read 100 books in a year.
*39. Be my own boss.
40. Do a reading in public.
*41. BBQ once a week for a year, even in winter.
42. Be declared cancer free (should be this year!!).
43. Visit Stonehenge.
*44. Get published in a real, reputable magazine.
*45. See the Florida Keys.
*46. Visit Fargo.
47. Go to the Cali vineyards/wineries.
48. Go to San Diego again.
49. Write and publish a food review.
50. Write and publish a review of a concert.
51. See the sunrise every day for a year.
52. Meet Tom Robbins, author extraordinaire.
53. Find my spiritual path.
54. Be a freelancer, and be able to make it on a freelancer salary.
55. Have a total career change.
56. Be a counselor.
57. Work 2nd or 3rd shift.
58. Meet Cheryl Strayed.
59. Hike the Appalachian Trail (just a part, not the whole thing, unless it was an option!).
60. Be on the jury of a big trial.
61. Host a dinner party.
*62. Go to a drive in.
63. Write a book about student teaching.
64. Learn how to knit.
65. Learn how to remodel and paint furniture.
66. Paint a mural in my house.
*67. Have breakfast, lunch, and dinner at the Reading Terminal.
*68. Milk a goat.
69. Get a happiness degree from Penn (Master's in Applied Positive Psychology).
70. Be a vegetarian for a year.
71. Be voluntarily homeless for 6 months.
*72. See a platypus.
*73. Take a cruise.
74. Pay for something with all pennies (something at least a couple of dollars).
75. See how long I can stay in the house without going outside for any reason.
76. See my brother again.
77. Visit a famous graveyard.
78. Walk up to the top of the Statue of Liberty.
79. Go on a silent retreat.
80. Test drive a car worth over $50k.
81. Try a new wine once a week for a year.
82. Get a factory tour (no factory in particular, but I'm thinking the Herrs factory is the closest).
83. See my best friend get married.
84. Try a new food each week for a year.
85. See Kerouac's grave.
86. Tell off someone famous.
87. Play a sport as an adult athlete (maybe volleyball?).
88. Get the perfect haircut.
89. Go to Bermuda.
90. Go to Time Square on New Year's Eve.
91. Do something AMAZING when I am 40.
92. See how long I can avoid the news.
93. Start a podcast series.
94. Visit Australia.
95. See Tom Waits in concert.
96. Get my nose pierced.
97. Be on a game show.
98. See a show recorded live (Letterman? Jerry Springer?).
99. Live in a studio apartment.
100. Have a solar powered house.
Ms. Tara Miller. What thinks you, Tara? What should we tackle first?